Belkin Surge Protector prevents the damaging of computer and other peripheral devices that could be experienced due to fluctuating voltage levels, surges and spikes. If you too wish to offer protection to your computer and other connected peripheral devices, then this Belkin Surge Protector could be of great help to you. At present, if you want to install a Belkin Surge Protector, then kindly to the following procedure.
Belkin Setup N300 installation steps for Belkin Surge Protector:
- Plug in the Belkin Surge Protector to a grounded outlet and the rest other linked equipments can be plugged in directly plugged in. In case, you use any additional wire along with your Belkin Surge Protector, then it will nullify all the listed Belkin warranties.
- Many of the Belkin Surge Protectors offer surge protection for phone fax and modem. So, while establishing the network connections for phone, fax and modem you should not run the connections directly to a wall jack. In fact, the connections should be passed from within the protected jacks available on Belkin Surge Protector. Here you should, plug in the modem, phone, fax or network wires from the wall outlet to the Belkin surge protectors Input jack. Bring an RJ 11 or RJ45 cord i.e. phone cord or cable cord respectively. Plug in the RJ 11 or RJ 45 cord to the Surge protectors output jack and plug in another end to any of the devices that needs to be protected. The device can be phone, computer, fax machine, modem etc. If ever these connections fail, then the linked equipment will not covered under warranty. So it is recommended to assemble the connections precisely without any hurry.
- Many of the Belkin Surge protectors offer surge for coaxial-cables. Rather than connecting Television, DSS receiver, VCR, or cable box directly into the wall jack, one must connect them by passing the wirings through the secure F connectors available with the Belkin Surge Protector. In this case, plug in the modem, phone, fax or network wires from the wall outlet to the Belkin surge protectors Input jack. Plug in the RJ 11 or RJ 45 cord to the Surge protectors output jack and plug in another end to any of the devices that needs to be protected. The device can be phone, computer, fax machine, modem etc. If ever the connection for coaxial cable protection is not established correctly, then the connected devices will not be covered under the warranty.
- One must ensure that the protected light turns ON whenever the device is connected to an ON power outlet. After installing the surge protector, if you notice that the protected light has turned OFF or gone out, then it means that protector has been sacrificed for keeping secure the connected devices and now the Belkin Surge Protector requires replacement.
- One must check and ensure the “Not Grounded” light is always OFF. It is because the ON Not Grounded lights represents that there is a ground-wiring issue at your premises and an electrician must be called in order to securely ground the outlet. No Belkin warranties will be covered if the Belkin Surge protector is connected to wrongly grounded outlet. If ever there are no ground-wiring issues within your premises but still the “Not Grounded” light is showing as ON, then you should visit Belkin N300 Setup Support page or get in touch with Belkin support team for its free of cost replacement.
- Many of the Belkin Surge protectors have sliding safety covers to protect the outlets from dust debris. So, whenever the surge protector is not in use one must enable the sliding safety cover to offer protection against unwanted dust elements around.
- A Power Cord Manger comes with Belkin Surge protectors to ease the management of power cords. So as per your requirements you can organize the wire with the help of this power cord manager.
This was all one must know about Belkin Surge Protectors along with the steps to use it. Hope it proved to be helpful to you. If you wish to have more information like this, then kindly visit Belkin N300 Setup Help page.