Creatinine is nothing else but a chemical waste produced by the metabolic functioning of the muscles. With the wear and tear of muscles, the body releases creatinine as a by-product. It is normal to have creatinine when the muscles work, or you do a strenuous workout.
When our kidneys work healthily, they can easily filter creatinine from the blood, but the problem arises when your kidney stops functioning, and creatinine starts stockpiling in your body. It gives birth to many kidney-related problems. If you have ever known someone who is a kidney patient or has suffered from any of the kidney diseases, you will know that urea and creatinine are the two significant aspects to check for. The increased level of creatinine and urea is a sign of danger.
In men, the range of average creatinine level is 0.9 to 1.3mg/dL, whereas, in women, it is 0.6 to 1.1 mg/dL.
Now, as we know about creatinine, let us read a little about serum creatinine. Serum creatinine is a type of test in which the blood is drawn from the body and analyzed to find about the creatinine level in the blood. It helps the doctor to calculate the glomerular filtration rate (GFR).
Given below is the functioning of the kidney on particular creatinine level-
- When your creatinine level is 1.5 mg/dL, your kidney is functioning 75%.
- If it goes up to 2 mg/dL, the functioning of the kidney remains 50%
- At 3.5 mg/dL, functioning is 25% and symptoms become clear.
- If the creatinine level reaches up to 6.8 mg/dL, the functioning of the kidney remains 5%.
Medical tests and modern allopathy medicines may help in the treatment of the disease, but Ayurveda is the best fit when it comes to the treatment of such major issues. It helps in the treatment from the core and leaves no side effects.
Measures for serum creatinine management
Ayurvedic serum creatinine level treatment is a natural process where your creatinine level can be controlled by herbs only without any dialysis and transplant. Different daily life activities can lead to the rise of creatinine in the blood. So it is important to understand such a situation and put a stop to all those activities that are harming your body.
- Creatine is formed in the liver and transported to the muscles, and later used as energy. Creatine left unused turns into creatinine. Apart from this, you can also find oral supplements. Athletes or people doing heavy exercises use these supplements. If you want to control your creatinine, you should not use creatine supplements.
- The process of ayurvedic serum creatinine level treatment suggests the intake of fibre. Foods like whole grains, vegetables, legumes, and fruits are rich sources of fibre.
- We all aware of the advantages our body gets by exercise, but exercising while your creatinine level is not normal can be a matter of worry. Heavy exercises should be eliminated if you are suffering from any kidney disorder. Instead, you can do yoga or a little running.
- It is a proven fact that increased consumption of protein will also lead to an increased amount of creatinine in the blood. It is essential to limit protein intake. Try eating the vegetable stew, vegetable patties, and lentil soup instead of meat and beef.
- People who are trying to reduce their weight uses chitosan. It is a dietary supplement. It also helps in the reduction of creatinine.
So, these were some measures you can take to control the creatinine level in your bloodstream. Before adding any of the above-mentioned things to your diet, consult your dietitian or ayurvedic kidney specialist at Karma Ayurveda.