Since the 20th century, the world has changed rapidly. The process of urbanization happened in most of the countries, with population migrating from rural to urban areas. As a result, most urbanized places has become busy 24/7. People in urban areas enjoy high convenience, developed infrastructure, and more benefits. As a result, a majority of people prefer building their home in an urban area or nearby.
Due to the rise of the human population, the scarcity of lands has occurred. Looking for apartments in urban areas has become a trend. This is due to the fact that they house more people in relatively less space. Although the trend has started to disconnect the human's relationship with nature. Even the urbanized homes have no space for gardens. In order to restore city people's relationship with nature, this is where Terrace Gardens comes as a solution.
Features of a Terrace Garden
A terraced garden differs in many ways when compared to the yard garden. It is an essential landscape product for modern resorts and apartments. The landscape products are made by landscape architects Delhi. Technically, it is a modernized-version of a home garden. Here are some features of a terraced garden.
• A terrace garden is usually located in the terrace of a building.
• Also known as roof gardens, these gardens receive plenty of sunlight.
• This is the most perfect solution for apartments/house without a yard.
• It allows you to cultivate ornamental trees and flowers as well as vegetables and fruits.
Importance of a Terrace Garden
Having a terrace garden offers you many benefits to you and the rest. Here are some things that you will benefit. As the finest Terrace Designers, we will offer you with necessary tools and more tips fare gorgeous looking terraced garden near your apartment.
• Terrace gardening is therapeutic. For people living in cities, a terraced garden will help them to reestablish their connection with nature. If people do not interact with nature even during their free time, it will not help them a bit. Interacting with nature helps refresh our mind, heal our body and rejuvenate our soul.
• Spending a little time or half an hour can help relieve anxiety and stress.
• The gardens help absorb carbon dioxide. It also helps to decrease the heat in your home surroundings.
• With the presence of a terrace garden in your apartment, it adds value and improves the look of the property.
• Spending family time in such a garden will further improve the bond between the loved ones.
• Ability to cultivate fresh and organic vegetables that taste more nutritious and healthy.
Let's make a terrace garden...!
Building a terrace garden will no doubt be an interesting investment for your health and time Here are some steps you should take to create a good-looking terrace garden. Prior to construction, there are several points that you must check.
• Check whether the building can sustain extra weight since plants have weights.
• Make sure the terrace gets plenty of sunlight since sunlight is necessary for the plants.
• Check for waterproofing methods on the roof slab. You can cover the entire surface with soil or add some pots and plant seeds on them.
• It is better to place fibre rooted plants than deep-rooted plants.
• The best thing to do is to stary with fewer plants and then increase the number according to your requirements. The gardens should be properly maintained with care and the plants should be watered regularly and also protect the plants from harmful pests.
The process will be difficult and stressing at first. But once you build a successful terrace garden, it will be worth the effort.
Also Read: 5 Reasons to Add a Gazebo